Guitar Chords for Beginners #16 – Arpeggios and E G A C

guitar chords for beginners 16

Okay, here we are. It’s time to do Arpeggios and that chord progression together.

Chord Progression: E – G – A – C

In Guitar Chords for Beginners 16, the chord progression is E, G, A and C. That’s a fairly common chord progression used in the song House Of The Rising Sun.

All Together Now

Now let’s do an Arpeggio with it, E, G, A, and C. So E I’m using the sixth string for the bass note, G I’m using the sixth string, A the fifth string and C. Do it with me, E, G, A. Now that was in time. What I mean by that is each chord was exactly four beats and you can only play enough notes to make up those four beats. You can’t play all the G all the way up to the sixth string and all the way back down and make it go in four beats with a steady pulse.

4 Beat Pattern

Watch what I’m doing, E from the bass up, I have to stop there and come back after that note back down. That was the B note, the second string. On the G also the second string I stop and come back down. On the A I can go all the way to the high string, the first string and C.

When In Doubt…More Practice

Okay, practice that, that chord progression just like I just did it. We’re going to use it again later. Take care.

Recommended:

Guitar Chords for Beginners #15 – Arpeggios

Guitar Chords for Beginners – #14 House Of The Rising Sun

Guitar Chords for Beginners #13 – Holding A Pick

Leave A Reply (8 comments so far)

1. Ray
    10 months ago

Great stuff.. thank you Tomas :)

2. Jamal Akhtar
    6 months ago

Hi

I saw your 10 Guitar chords for beginners at You Tube it was very impressive, for me as a beginner it took less than an hour to pick up the first 5 chords perfectly.

As you mentioned in your video that yuou can send free guitar lessons kit to the email mentioned in my post, I will appreciate that and also I will look forward to 7 deadly mistakes article

Regards

Jamal

• admin
      6 months ago

Hi Jamal,

Thank for your comment. I didn’t understand the phrase about “guitar lesson kit”, if you sign up for the 7 Deadly Mistakes you should already have assess. Hope you enjoy them.

3. sameer
    5 months ago

This is the best website for learning guitar cause here we are been teached in a very good way…….best site

• admin
      5 months ago

Thank you Sameer.

4. sameer
    5 months ago

• admin
      5 months ago

Wow, BEST WEBSITE is truly overwhelming Sameer. Thank you really for appreciating the way I teach. This truly inspires me a lot :)

5. Chisomo Ku
    2 weeks ago

Tomas, where hav you been all my life? You lessons are so good; step by step… Keep up the brilliant work.