Guitar Chords for Beginners #16 – Arpeggios and E G A C

guitar chords for beginners 16

Okay, here we are. It’s time to do Arpeggios and that chord progression together.

Chord Progression: E – G – A – C

In Guitar Chords for Beginners 16, the chord progression is E, G, A and C. That’s a fairly common chord progression used in the song House Of The Rising Sun.

All Together Now

Now let’s do an Arpeggio with it, E, G, A, and C. So E I’m using the sixth string for the bass note, G I’m using the sixth string, A the fifth string and C. Do it with me, E, G, A. Now that was in time. What I mean by that is each chord was exactly four beats and you can only play enough notes to make up those four beats. You can’t play all the G all the way up to the sixth string and all the way back down and make it go in four beats with a steady pulse.

4 Beat Pattern

Watch what I’m doing, E from the bass up, I have to stop there and come back after that note back down. That was the B note, the second string. On the G also the second string I stop and come back down. On the A I can go all the way to the high string, the first string and C.

When In Doubt…More Practice

Okay, practice that, that chord progression just like I just did it. We’re going to use it again later. Take care.

Recommended:

Guitar Chords for Beginners #15 – Arpeggios

Guitar Chords for Beginners – #14 House Of The Rising Sun

Guitar Chords for Beginners #13 – Holding A Pick

Leave A Reply (9 comments so far)

1. Ray
    1 year ago

Great stuff.. thank you Tomas :)

2. Jamal Akhtar
    10 months ago

Hi

I saw your 10 Guitar chords for beginners at You Tube it was very impressive, for me as a beginner it took less than an hour to pick up the first 5 chords perfectly.

As you mentioned in your video that yuou can send free guitar lessons kit to the email mentioned in my post, I will appreciate that and also I will look forward to 7 deadly mistakes article

Regards

Jamal

• admin
      10 months ago

Hi Jamal,

Thank for your comment. I didn’t understand the phrase about “guitar lesson kit”, if you sign up for the 7 Deadly Mistakes you should already have assess. Hope you enjoy them.

3. sameer
    9 months ago

This is the best website for learning guitar cause here we are been teached in a very good way…….best site

• admin
      9 months ago

Thank you Sameer.

4. sameer
    9 months ago

• admin
      9 months ago

Wow, BEST WEBSITE is truly overwhelming Sameer. Thank you really for appreciating the way I teach. This truly inspires me a lot :)

5. Chisomo Ku
    5 months ago

Tomas, where hav you been all my life? You lessons are so good; step by step… Keep up the brilliant work.

• admin
      4 months ago

Hello Chisomo,

Where am I? You really made me smile. Don’t worry though, its not yet too late.
      Please Get my “10 Secrets To Playing Awesome Guitar” absolutely FREE! Click here: http://bit.ly/1j6Bvxx
      And you can also SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE Channel here: http://bit.ly/1jBd9MC